Wind projects in Bulgaria and Romania
What are the goals of the EWS Consulting internationally?
The EWS Consulting has developed its know-how in Austria but, in the mean time, now has projects in Europe and soon even across the ocean. The EWS Consulting adheres to its high standards of quality at home as well as outside its borders. These high standards of quality give our customers confidence in our work.
Wind Farm Baia - Romania
Our work in this part of Europe started with projects on the northern Black Sea Coast of Bulgaria. The project Baia 1 led us to the northwestern corner of Romania.
- Repowering with know-how from the EWS consulting
The first step was taken when a Romanian wind farm operator installed 3 small second-hand wind turbines on a hill near Baia. The next step, a larger wind energy project at the site, was carried out with the Austrian company Imwind Elements GmbH as partner. The new wind turbines of the Wind Farms Baia 1 are two Vestas V90, one with 2 MW and one with 3 MW. Two of the old wind turbines were disassembled.
- Implementing projects with Romanian partners and specialists
The EWS Consulting was responsible for the wind farm layout, energy yield calculations, turbulence calculations and for construction management. Employees of Holrom supervised construction at the site and made sure that official regulations were carried out. Due to the good cooperation between the two companies, the project could be implemented in the difficult terrain.
- Expansion: Project Baia 2 started in August 2010
In August 2010, construction began on Wind Farm Baia 2 with an additional 5 wind turbines. The EWS Consulting was again responsible for construction management.
Wind Farm Kavarna - Bulgaria
The EWS Consulting took a step abroad when it took over construction management for Wind Farm Kavarna in Bulgaria. When the EWS Consulting accompanies its "old" business partners in carrying out their "new" projects, they can profit from the EWS Consulting´s years of experience in Austria.
- First project on the Black See Coast
- Opening of offices in Kavarna
- Construction work is accompanied during the complete period of construction.
- The absolute goal is to adhere to Austrian standards.
- Motto is "Trust is good, control is better".
Wind Farm Region Dobrudscha in Romania
A large project with about 500 MW installed capacity is being developed in the region of Constanza in Romania. It is our goal to adhere to Austrian standards. Everything the EWS Consulting learned in Austria can be used for the success of projects in Romania.
- Wind farm design and development of the largest wind farm of an Austrian operator up to date
- Conception of the wind farm grid including substation (110 kV)
- Connection of the internal wind farm cabling system into the high voltage level
Wind Farm Nejkovo - Bulgaria
Bulgaria is one of the biggest growth markets for wind power producers because of its excellent wind resources near to the coast. Due to its supportive energy policies featuring a feed-in tariff, 2010 saw especially remarkable growth. Wind developer Windkraft Simonsfeld was also active in the region. In September 2009, two of their turbines began operation in Nejkovo, Kavarna region. The two turbines were sited and built in record time under the construction management of EWS Consulting.
- First project for Windkraft Simonsfeld in Bulgaria - also the hundredth megawatt for WKS
- WKS has laid the groundwork for the taking over of numerous wind farms by Austrian operators in Bulgaria
- Planning for additional wind turbines in the region is moving full speed ahead.
Resource assessment for projects in Bulgaria, Romania, Slovakia, Czech Republic, USA
Even in regions without easy tie-in to the grid or attractive feed-in tariffs, there are many project developers who want projects finished at the right time. We at EWS Consulting are there from the site search to the micrositing of turbine locations. Our calculations are the basis for decision-making by financing institutions. Our Austrian standards and quality criteria give you security.
Total planned capacity: > 1,000 MW (Europe and USA)
- Wind resource analysis and energy yield assessment for complex forested sites
- Development of an optimized windfarm layout for a 500 MW windfarm on the Black Sea coast
- Wind measurement and resource assessment for alpine locations in the Romanian Carpathian Mountains at close to 2,000 m elevation.
- Application of CFD- (Computational Fluid Dynamics) based modelling software
- Application of combined measurement techniques through use of state-of-the-art LIDAR measurement technology